Thursday, January 29, 2009

High Expectations

"Man wants to live, but it is useless to hope that this desire will dictate all his actions." - Albert Camus


At times I feel my expectations of people are indeed high. My love and respect comes at this price. However, sometimes, people feel as if my expectations from them are too high. I might even agree with them at times because I am a hard ass when it comes to people willingly falling short to what I expect from them. It's not something I take lightly because I am so used to being disappointed in the past. But here is where I run into a problem. A major one at that! I don't want to feel disappointed, but I put up these expectations which are unattainable for some. So is it not that I am setting myself up for failure? Setting myself up to just be disappointed? And if I back down and lower these standards, won't I be taking a loss from my own character? I cannot comprise; If I did, I would be actively seeking to live a life in which I sought to get rid of. It's all so difficult! I am in a fix.


Warmest Regards,
Stephen